My First Marketing Assignment

Topic 1

I wanted to enroll in Marketing with Rob because I really enjoying marketing at my job. I do struggle with it though so I think this course will be a great way to further my knowledge and capability in this particular subject. When I finish with my LBCC classes I intend to go to OSU to finish up my marketing degree.

I am a business major with intentions to narrow into the marketing field after my classes at Linn Benton. I really enjoy the marketing side of my manager position at my current job. Also my coworker that I admire went to school for marketing and she really enjoyed it which is why I decided I should go into marketing as well.

I am most interested in learning the media side of marketing. I haven't ever been big on social media until recently. I didn't even have a Facebook until about a year ago but once I did get onto the social media train I have been obsessed with it! I think marketing will be a great tool in order to better understand the concept of social media and how it plays a role in business.

Outside of school I have trained in martial arts. I taught Taekwondo for over 4 years and trained for 8 years. I really enjoyed competing all over the state. I also enjoy spending my free time cooking. From homemade pizza to fluffy cheesecake I love to be in the kitchen. On top of that I love shopping... I mean duh! Working retail has been an amazing fun experience that is a horrible habit for my pocketbook.


Topic 2

An apple a day keeps the doctor away; apples don't only serve the purpose of bullying doctors, but also teaching in the classroom. Apple is set to release a "Schoolwork" app in June that is designed for teachers in which the software helps the teachers to guide students through the lessons. It also has students evaluation for online tests and quizzes. Apple's value proposition is the fact that they are constantly learning while taking that knowledge to release innovated products. Apple marketed this new app during their "Let's Take a Field Trip" educational event, this was alongside the new releases of a new iPad as well as the Apple Stylus. The inspiration for this new app was designed to help teachers effectively lead students throughout the school lessons. If I was the brand manager I would of released it as it's own showing rather than releasing the Ipad and stylus. This would of made more of an impact on the audience since they wouldn't be distracted by the other new products. I think overall the marketing approach was effective but it should of stood out on its own. From reading this article I learned that Apple not only cares for the student but also making a difficult job more bearable. Apple's brand recognition for creating such innovated products will continue to live on for years to come.


https://mashable.com/2018/03/27/apple-unveils-classroom-app/#ovrCheHkkGqh












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean Beauty - Case Study

Week 2 Listening Exercise